With plugnpaid you can setup dynamic discount rules for your products and services. To use discounts select the "Discounts & Coupons" options from the sidebar and click on the "Create Discount" option to load the "Add Discount" screen.
1. Enter a name for your discount to identify it and choose a currency. The available currencies are based the products you created.
2. "Applies On": This determines on what products the discount will be applied to. You can choose to apply the discount on all your products or a category of products such as "Subscriptions". You can also select individual products.
Example 1: Category specific discount
Example 2: Discount that applies on a single product
3. Expiry Date (optional): If you want your discount to expire at a specific date and time then fill-in the "Expiry Date" field. Times are based on your current location's timezone.
Discount rules determine how a discount is triggered in your shopping carts. The available conditions are:
1. All orders: The discount is applied on all your customers' orders by default. No action or order specific requirements are needed.
2. Subtotal bigger than: The discount is applied if the subtotal of the order is more than the provided value. Note that the subtotal value does include any taxes that might be applicable.
Example: The discount applies to orders whose subtotal is above 100 EUR. If the subtotal of the order is below or equal to 100 EUR then no discount will be applied.
3. Quantity bigger than: The discount is applied if the number of items in an order is more than provided value. This type of discount is suitable for physical product sellers that wish to offer bundles for larger orders.
Example: The discount applies if the customer orders more than 5 pieces of a product. If the customer orders 5 pieces or less, then no discount will be applied.
4. Coupon Entered: The discount is applied when the customer provides a valid coupon during checkout. Coupon names are case sensitive and can be entered in the overview page of the shopping cart, right before completing a purchase.
Note: Coupons are global for all orders, thus if you want to limit the number of times a coupon can be redeemed, fill-in the "Max Redemption" field. For unlimited redemptions keep the "Max Redemption" value at 0.
In this section enter the discount amount or percentage that you wish to offer. Discount Amount and Discount Percentage apply to the subtotal of an order (product cost), while Shipping Amount and Shipping Percentage apply to the shipping costs.
Fill-in at least 1 field from this section to created a valid discount. You can combine amounts and percentages if you wish. Once your setup is complete, hit save and your discount will be created.
Keep in mind that discounts automatically apply to any valid orders as soon as they are created, so make sure to pause any active plugs that they might apply to if you wish to test the process first. Discounts can be edited or removed at any point.
If you have any questions or need assistance in setting up your discounts, feel free to get in touch with our helpdesk support.