Stripe account holders can integrate Bancontanct in their plug&paid shopping carts to accept payments from customers in Belgium.
1. Bancontact must be activated on your Stripe account.
To activate Bancontact visit your Stripe Dashboard and click the "Settings" options found under the "Payments" section. Find Bancontact and click the "Activate" button on the far right. Note that Stripe might require documentation before approving Bancontanct for your account.
3. Your use of Bancontact must be compliant with Stripe's terms of services.
If you completed all the above steps then congratulations, you are eligible to collect Bancontact payments from your Belgian customers.
1. Supported Currencies
The supported currencies are eur. If your plug&paid account uses another currency then Bancontact will be unavailable.
2. How long does it take to activate Bancontact for my Stripe account
Once you activated it in your Stripe Settings page and provide all necessary documents, it might take up to 2 business days in for Stripe to approve or decline Bancontact for your account.
3. Will I be informed once Bancontact is activated on my account ?
Yes. Stripe will sent you an email once Bancontact has been activated or declined for your account.
4. How does Bancontact payments work in my plug&paid shopping carts
Upon hitting the "Pay" button on the overview page of your shopping cart, the customer will be prompted to take action to send the amount to you. There is immediate confirmation by Stripe about the success or failure of a payment.