Stripe account holders can integrate Alipay in their plug&paid shopping carts to accept payments from customers in China.
1. Alipay must be activated on your Stripe account.
To activate Alipay visit your Stripe Dashboard and click the "Settings" options found under the "Payments" section. Find Alipay and click the "Activate" button on the far right.
2. The Alipay integration flow must be validated.
The approval procedure is automated and starts automatically once your trigger a source for the plug&paid shopping cart that supports Alipay as an accepted payment method. To trigger a source simply visit the overview page of your cart and you will see an alert message that informs you that your account on-boarding is under review.
3. Your use of Alipay must be compliant with Stripe's terms of services. Learn more here
If you completed all the above steps then congratulations, you are eligible to collect Alipay payments.
1. Supported Currencies
The supported currencies are aud, cad, eur, gbp, hkd, jpy, nzd, sgd, and usd. The currency must be the default currency for your country ie AUD for Australia, EUR for German etc. Users in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, or Switzerland must use eur. Any other combinations of country & currencies will show an error in the overview page of your shopping cart.
2. How long does it take to activate Alipay for my Stripe account
Once you have activated it in your Stripe Settings page, it might take up to 2 business days for Stripe to approve or decline Alipay for your account.
3. How long does it take to for the on-boarding process to be validated.
The on-boarding process can take up to 72 hours to be validated once you have created your first transcation source. If 72 hours have passed and the on-boarding process is still under review, please contact us. Please note that if there is a Chinese bank holiday the review process might take longer than expected.
4. Will I be informed once Alipay is activated on my account ?
Yes. Stripe will send you an email once Alipay has been activated or declined for your account.
4. Will I be informed once my Alipay on-boarding is validated ?
Unfortunately Stripe/Alipay cannot inform merchants about their on-boarding process status at the moment.