Stripe account holders can integrate iDEAL in their plug&paid shopping carts to accept payments from customers in the Netherlands.
1. iDEAL must be activated on your Stripe account.
To activate iDEAL visit your Stripe Dashboard and click the "Settings" options found under the "Payments" section. Find iDEAL and click the "Activate" button on the far right. Note that Stripe might require documentation before approving iDEAL for your account.
3. Your use of iDEAL must be compliant with Stripe's terms of services.
If you completed all the above steps then congratulations, you are eligible to collect iDEAL payments from your Dutch customers.
1. Supported Currencies
The supported currencies are eur. If your plug&paid account uses another currency then iDEAL will be unavailable.
2. How long does it take to activate iDEAL for my Stripe account
Once you activated it in your Stripe Settings page and provide all necessary documents, it might take up to 2 business days in for Stripe to approve or decline iDEAL for your account.
3. Will I be informed once iDEAL is activated on my account ?
Yes. Stripe will sent you an email once iDEAL has been activated or declined for your account.
4. How does iDEAL payments work in my plug&paid shopping carts
Upon hitting the "Pay" button on the overview page of your shopping cart, the customer will be prompted to take action to send the amount to you. There is immediate confirmation by Stripe about the success or failure of a payment.