plug&paid sellers can create recurring subscriptions and charge their customers on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis. plug&paid Subscriptions work with Stripe. More information about Stripe and how to create an account can be found here.
1. How do I create a recurring subscription.
When you create a product within plug&paid, slide to choose "Service" as the product type and click the "Subscriptions" tab.
Fill in all the required information such as price, quantity and product title and hit the create product button. plug&paid will automatically create a "Product" item in your Stripe Account. You can then proceed in creating a shopping cart for your newly created Subscription product.
To view the product in your Stripe account, under the "Billing" Section click the "Products" options on the right side menu in your Stripe dashboard. Your product will look similar to the one below and it will be assigned a pricing plan with the billing cycle you specified in plug&paid.
2. Purchasing a Subscription via a plug&paid shopping cart
Once a customer purchases a Subscription product via one of your plug&paid shopping carts, we will automatically create a "Subscription" and "Customer" object for that customer in your Stripe account. You and your customer will receive an email from plug&paid confirming the purchase of the subscription with an invoice. Everything is automated such as follow-up charges or failed payment retries and will be handled automatically and shown in your plug&paid dashboard.
In the appendix of the invoice we will include a link for your buyer to:
a) Cancel his/her subscription
b) Update his/her credit card
If the customer chooses any of the above options it will be reflected in your plug&paid and Stripe dashboard.
You can view your active subscribers for your Subscription products in your Inventory page.
You can also see the number of active Subscriptions a customer has in your Buyers page.
4. Cancelation of subscriptions
A active subscription can be canceled in a number of ways.
a) The buyer can cancel his/her subscription via the link provided by plug&paid when a subscription purchase is completed.
b) In your Inventory page click the number of subscribers to load the modal window that will show the number of active subscriber for your specific subscription product. Each buyer row has a "cancel" button that allows you to cancel the subscription for that specific buyer.
c) In your Buyers' page click the number of "Subscriptions" to load the modal window that will show the products which the buyer is actively subscribed. Each row has a "cancel" button that allows you to cancel the subscription for that specific buyer.
5. Payment Retry Logic
If for any reason (such as lack of funds) a follow-up charge is not successful for a subscription, then plug&paid will retry 3 more times. These attempts will take place in 3 day, 5 day and 7 day intervals after the initial payment has failed.
5. Notes regarding subscriptions
1) The cancellation of subscription is set at the end of a billing period. If you wish to cancel a subscription immediately you can do so in your Stripe dashboard.
2) By design Stripe does not allow the editing of price, billing cycle or currency of a subscription product thus subscription products cannot be edited in plug&paid.
3) Once a subscription has been cancelled or a follow-up charge has failed you and the customers will be informed by email via plug&paid.
4) VAT is charged according the electronic, broadcast and telecoms services specified by the European Union. If this does not apply to your business but wish to use subscription services please contact us.
5) Subscriptions can be charged in any currency offered by plug&paid.
6) Subscription products are sold individuallly and cannot be added in multi-product carts.