If you are on the Supercharged plug&paid plan, then you can use your custom credentials with USPS (US members only), DHL, UPS, or FedEx to display calculated rates in your plug&paid shopping cart.
How calculated rates work
Shipping carriers typically have a wide range of shipping options based on the following criteria:
- the total weight of the product or total ordered items
- shipment dimensions.
- destination country.
If you plan to offer calculated shipping for your products, make sure that you've entered accurate weights and dimensions for each product you add to your plug's shopping cart. If the data you provide is inaccurate, then the calculated shipping costs will be incorrect.
Which carriers to use
When you set up your plug&paid profile, you can enable advanced shipping features provide by the following four carriers by entering their account credentials in your Settings.
- Where do I find my
Basic procedure for offering calculated shipping
The basic procedure for offering a calculated rate for calculated shipping looks like this:
- Register for and set up an account with your preferred carrier.
- Get your carrier account credentials.
- Activate the carrier service in Settings by entering your carrier credentials.
- Hit "Save Credentials".
- Make sure your shipping origin address is correct by providing true and accurate personal address details in Settings.
- Make sure your product has an accurate weight and dimension.
- Enable the carrier for any given product in the "Add Product" wizard.
Enable/Disable calculated shipping rates for individual products
- Add or edit a product.
- Enable one or more of the provided carriers by toggling the On/Off switch for each carrier.
- Enter the correct packaging weight and dimensions.
- Enter the shipping destinations (country or continent) for which you wish to fetch carrier rates. Rates are determined on your personal address (origin) which you provide in Settings under the Personal Information tab.
How are calculated shipping rates displayed in my shopping cart?
Once you have successfully synced your carrier account(s) with your plug&paid profile, products which have a shipping carrier enabled will then automatically fetch shipping rates from the selected carriers in the shopping cart and display them in a list for your customers to choose. The cheapest option is always shown first.